Following on from the announcement by Stephen King that he has become one of the first paying passengers to book a seat on the upcoming Space X flight, Scribner is delighted to announce a special competition for his Constant Readers.
We have teamed up with Space-X to launch a special, one of a kind edition of Stephen King’s upcoming novel, Billy Summers. Limited to 500 copies this edition will include a new ‘Space-X’ themed slipcase, accompanying photo book to record and commemorate the flight as well as being signed by Stephen King himself.
In addition to the lucky 500 entrants who are picked to win this limited book, one very lucky winner could be going into space* with Stephen King!
To be one of the 500 lucky winners, use the entry form below and tell us in 100 words or less, why you should be the one to go into space with Stephen King!
Contact Form 03
Your message was sent, thank you!
* Details to be confirmed. Final decision on the suitability of the SPACE-X flight seat will be approved by Space-X personnel. Eligibility for the flight, including but not limited to, submission to an approved doctor’s examination, general health and mental well-being report and any other test felt necessary to approve an individual’s flight beyond the confines of the Earth’s atmosphere. Full medical history required. Space flight is dangerous, Scribner and Space-X make no guarantees of the safety of passengers on this flight. Serious risk of death. Entrants must agree to waive all personal rights in regard to making this flight.
The following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) govern your entry into the above competition (Scribner Space-X Competition).
Please read these carefully, as entry to the Competition is subject to the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these, please do not enter!
1. Information on how to enter and information on the prizes (together, Scribner Space-X Competition) form part of the Terms and Conditions.
2. By entering this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to all residents of the USA over the age of 18.
4. The competition commences and concludes at the dates and times set out in the Competition Information. The time of an entry will in each case be the time the entry is received by the Promoter in the form or by the delivery method specified in the Competition Information.
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
6. Each entrant may only submit one entry.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any entry or entrant and at any time to disqualify:
8. Any entry which, in the reasonable opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements or that is not submitted in accordance with or does not comply with these Terms and Conditions (including the Competition Information); and
9. Any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who has who has, in the reasonable opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
10. All entries will be judged and the winner or winners selected by an appropriately qualified judge or (at the Promoter’s discretion) panel of judges selected by the Promoter, and chance plays no part in the Competition.
11. The decision of the judge or judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Winners will be notified by Facebook direct message by the date set out in the Competition Information. The winners’ names will be announced publicly on the Promoters Facebook page.
13. A list of winners can be obtained by sending a Stamped Addressed sealed Envelope to the Scribner office.
14. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner and a prize remains unclaimed within 14 days from notification, the prize is forfeited and the Promoter may award the prize to the next best entry, as judged by the judge or judges. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize.
15. The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the address provided by entrants. At the discretion of the Promoter, any prize returned to the Promoter as a result of an entrant’s error in providing his or her address may be forfeited.
16. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may deal with any of the entries received as it determines, including without attribution.
17. If for any reason the Competition is unable to run as planned, including but not exclusively as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which may reasonably corrupt or adversely affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition without liability to any entrant.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any computer online system, server or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this competition.
19. The prize is as stated in the Competition Information and unless stated therein does not in the case of tickets for any event or function, include any travel, accommodation or associated costs.
20. All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in item values. The prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no representation or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes, and accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to prizes in transit or for late, lost or misdirected entries.
22. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, its directors, employees, contractors or agents, in connection with the supply of any goods or services by any person to any prize winner.